- This is a site for Art about Code. Be about that.
- Be polite. You can be rude to ideas but if you’re rude to people you’ll get moderated. This is straight up playground rules, here - no name-calling or threatening, and if someone asks you to stop doing something, you should probably stop doing it.
- No hate-speech. Even if it’s not targeted at another user, saying stuff that would make a group of people feel bad is a no go. This includes racial slurs, and anything attacking … you know, a gender, or a disability, or a sexual orientation, or any broad group of people. The only exception is making fun of various kinds of software developers, which is grandfathered in but still vaguely discouraged.
- Don’t be an idiot. This includes pretty much anything that has ever come out of the more anonymous parts of the internet, politely suggesting that maybe white men somehow also deserve a safe space, or asking users to tip other users with BitCoin.
- No Doxing. Do not, under any circumstances, share anybody’s personal information, including your own. Addresses, phone numbers, personal pictures, and anything that might identify a user past simple social networking details are strictly forbidden.
Everything that you post on this site is automatically licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. That means that, so long as other users use proper attribution and do not profit from your work, they can do whatever they like with your content.
- Be serious about attribution. Don’t take credit for other people’s work.
- Be original. Don’t post copyrighted material to Threepanel.
- You can post nsfw content, but keep it tasteful, and make sure to tag it as such. Please do not post gratuitous or off-topic nsfw content. If you can’t tell the difference between tasteful nudity and hardcore pornography, err on the side of caution.
- Respect the law. Or, if you don’t respect the law, don’t implicate me in your criminal wrongdoings by storing your illegal materials on my server. Or, if you do store illegal materials, make sure to encrypt them so that I don’t know what you’re up to.
- This is not a dating website. Sexual advances at other members of the site will be considered harassment, as will comments (positive or negative) about other members’ appearance.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it.
This is not a democracy. In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
This site is operated by your moderators and you, the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the site feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.